Join in anytime. Class Passes valid for 3 months.
- drop-in class (60-90 min) $18
- drop-in class (120 min) $25
- community gift class sliding scale: $5 - $20
- 5 (60 - 90 min) Classes $70
- 5 (120 min) Classes $80
- 12 (60 - 90 min) classes $156
Student/Senior (65+) (with valid i.d.):
- drop-in (60 - 90 min) class $16
- drop-in (120 min) class $20
- drop-in kids class $10
- kids yoga 8 classes $64
- 5 (60 - 90 min) classes $60
- 5 (120 min) classes $70
- 12 (60 - 90 min) classes $130
Advance Registration, valid for one month
- drop-in kids class $10
- kids yoga 4 classes $36
- 4 prenatal classes $50
- 4 introductory series classes $50
Pay online here or at the Iyengar Yoga Center of Grand Rapids (credit card, cash, check)
Pay online for a drop in class. Discounted pricing available for students/seniors.
This series of classes is for beginner to yoga or to the Iyengar Yoga method. Attend 4 Level 1 classes taught by Chelsea Tiernan, within one month.
Introductory beginner's classes for those new to yoga or new to the Iyengar method, or for experienced yoga students to strengthen their practice of fundamental actions and alignment in asanas (postures). Learn how to safely enter and exit postures, to align the body within the pose, and improve functional movement and structure of the body, and practice awareness in action, thereby gaining benefits for mind as well as the body. Sanskrit names and yogic philosophy terms are introduced.
next session begins February 6
Yoga for Kids & Teens
Yoga is very beneficial for children's overall health and development. While the emphasis is upon mobility and agility for the younger ages, gradually the postures are improved and perfected. We will also learn and practice poses that are soothing for stomachaches, poses that help with headaches, those which help for sore necks and backs after lots of studying and school work, and which postures help make us strong and improve our posture for daily practice, and much more! This quickly-paced playful class is modeled on the children's yoga program taught at the Ramamani Iyengar Memorial Yoga Institute. Parents are welcomed to accompany the younger children. This class accepts children as young as 4 years accompanied by a parent, but is ideal for older children. This class is offered in monthly sessions when enough students preregister. When kids and teen yoga class is not offered on the weekly schedule, kids and teens are welcome to attend regular classes with parents, and teens may also attend without parents.
Advance Registration for Deep Study Saturday
register for part or all:
Asana Workshop, Art of Teaching Mentoring Group, Philosophy Study & Pranayama Class
This class includes sequences and yoga postures that especially and specifically benefit and strengthen women's bodies and minds in the transformative experience of pregnancy. Physical, nervine, mental and emotional strength is developed through the mindful practice of yoga postures. Breathing exercises and relaxation techniques are taught to help calm the nerves through the experience of pregnancy, birth, postpartum healing and beyond. This class is offered in sessions when there are enough students enrolled. Sign up for 4 weeks of class at a time. Future classes: February 1- 22
5 classes, expiring in 90 days.
expiring in 90 days.
A solid lightweight bench for Setu Bandha Sarvangasana made by a local craftsman. Non-reactive, non-toxic finish. Preorder & pickup only. Please allow approximately 4 weeks lead time.
- Permission to attend class is at the discretion of the teacher.
- Make-up classes are permitted at any class at or below the level currently enrolled. Attend whatever classes fit your schedule.
- Work/Study arrangements are possible for continuing students. Please inquire.
- Payment and Registration must happen before class begins. Students who come for their first visit after the start of class will be turned away. Please arrive at least 5 (or 10 minutes for first visit) before class time for registration.
- Cancellation policy: must be cancelled within two weeks of first attendance. Classes taken will be charged at drop-in rate. Refund will be less a $20 service fee.
- Weather Related Cancellations: IYCGR will be closed when Catholic Central High School or Grand Rapid Public Schools are closed due to weather conditions. In cases of weather -related special event cancellation, tuition is fully refundable. In cases of inclement travel weather for out of town students who register in advance for workshops/special classes, tuition is fully refundable.
Please leave shoes and personal belongings outside the classroom door: no shoes or drinks in the Asana room, please. Please let your teacher know before class if you have any medical issues or concerns, or if you are currently pregnant or menstruating. Please do not wear fragrances; they can be irritating to others. New to Iyengar Yoga? Begin with Level 1 or Gentle Yoga.